Director of Business Development
Candidate must have experience selling BPO / Contact Center Solutions.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for increasing company revenue by working collaboratively with the executive team to identify and develop new business opportunities. He/she will open new markets and clients for Goodbay.
Performance Goals & Expectations:
Meet and exceed aggressive sales growth goals, while managing a reliable pipeline and
- Deal size should be 10-50 seats per deal, and grow from there. Ideally, the Director of Business Development should onboard 6+ deals per year
- Secure 150 new seats in first 12 months. Thereafter, 200+ new seats
The Director of Business of Development will report to the President and CEO in Chicago, IL and will be responsible for:
- Identify new target verticals, go deep and establish new relationships
- Support new client acquisition for Goodbay with companies that are the right fit for Goodbay’s support center and work-from-home capabilities
- Masterfully take prospects through a thoughtful and structured sales process, with high conversions of leads entering the funnel
- Attend conferences/events to build and maintain relationships with current and prospective clients
- Build and maintain strong relationships with decision-makers in client organizations (C-Level Executives) to secure new client accounts
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of our company’s offerings and capabilities and be able to articulate Goodbay’s premium service convincingly
- Create a tight and accurate pipeline and nurture the leads through to close
Proposal & Commitment:
- Use a consultative solution selling strategy by providing solutions to complex client issues that drive mutually positive business outcomes
- Act as a trusted advisor to client prospects by demonstrating a deep understanding of their business drivers, organizational imperatives, customer experience challenges, and offer solutions utilizing persuasive win themes and effective sales strategies
- Prepare all documentation required for requests for proposals (RFPs) and be able to lead and deliver sales presentations to client executives
Shepherd all client wins, ensuring a smooth transition into implementation and Operations
- Support all stages of the sales process, maintaining sales control and ability to collaborate with internal teams to develop innovative solutions to meet or exceed identified sales targets
- Manage a business development team by developing their professional skills and ensuring they feel valued and are meeting scorecard targets
- Diligently track all leads in our CRM and maintain thorough entries to ensure all opportunities are properly managed, and reported in our system
- Research emerging trends and recommend new offerings to management
- Maintain competitive knowledge and focus, continuously grow and develop professionally
Need for Achievement: Sets demanding personal goals. Is ambitious. Strives for excellence.
Willing to work as hard as necessary to get things done. Results-oriented with the ability to meet/exceed department metrics/measures
Competitiveness: Thrives on competition and winning. Determined to be the top producer. Takes challenges head on. Works to outperform others. Not be afraid to ‘roll-up their sleeves’ and take on day-to-day tasks
Persuasion: Builds a good case, taking customer needs into account. Closes compellingly. Enjoys selling, negotiating, and changing others’ points of view. Stays calm under pressure. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Organization: Is disciplined and methodical. Extremely detail-oriented. Is organized and orderly. Checks thoroughly to avoid mistakes. Tracks opportunities and contacts. Task-oriented. Follows up. Focuses on key priorities. Must possess good decision-making skills, be organized and think strategically
Ability to Develop People: Coaches people in their current roles to improve performance and
prepare them for future roles. Providing additional support where necessary to support Goodbay’s Sales and Marketing team.
- Minimum of a BA in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, or related field
- Experience selling BPO / Contact Center Solutions
- A minimum of 10 years in a Business Development role and/or experience leading consultative sales cycles to Enterprise and high growth companies
- Proven ability to initiate, develop and grow C-level and senior relationships with target client organizations and influence buying decisions
- Ability to develop and conduct effective proposals and presentations with decision-makers
- Knowledge of sales KPIs / conversion metrics
- Relocation preferred, but remote/WFH employment may be discussed
To apply, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org